What to Expect Flying a Private Jet During Hurricane
Hurricane Irma started west of Guinea-Bissau, Africa. It passed the Cape Verde islands and continued into the warmer waters of the Atlantic. It became a category 5 hurricane after ten days. Hurricane Irma is the biggest and longest sustaining category 5 hurricane recorded in the Atlantic.
Residents of the Caribbean islands and several states in the USA have been ordered to evacuate. If you are considering a private jet for evacuation then you should know what to expect flying a private jet during hurricane.
At the same time that Hurricane Irma became a category 5 storm with sustained winds over 185 miles per hour; there were two other hurricanes that developed. Hurricane Jose developed behind it in the Atlantic. Hurricane Katia developed within minutes after in the Gulf of Mexico. Definitely a rare occurrence for 3 hurricanes to develop at the same time in the Atlantic Ocean.
know the facts of what to expect flying a private jet during a hurricane
Hurricanes such as Hurricane Irma and tropical storms can disrupt air travel significantly. It is important to know what to expect flying a private jet during hurricane if you are planning to charter a private jet or already have a confirmed private jet charter.
Top 5 Things on What to Expect Flying a Private Jet During Hurricane:
- Review your private jet charter contract for weather related cancelation policies. Sometimes there is no refund for weather related issues
- Plan on being flexible with your schedule. Just because the sky is clear and the hurricane is not forecast for another day the airports may have closed except for emergency aircraft. This is why you want to know what to expect flying a private jet during hurricane
- Be aware that your quoted charter price may increase due to extra flying or ground time. Again, review your private jet charter contract for the policy. If you are flying international some governments may close their airspace or the weather may be too severe to fly over. This could result in additional flying time, waiting for clearance, and possibly extra fuel stops
- Know your aircraft’s baggage capacity. If you are evacuating you may want to bring extra baggage or luggage. But private jets often have limited baggage capacity and if its urgent you do not want to have to leave baggage behind at the airport or FBO
- Arrive early for your flight. Normally when flying on a private jet you set the time and your flight departs when you arrive to the airport. There may be severe traffic congestion driving to airport and due to irregular flight operations, your private jet flight may only be allowed to depart at a specific time. You don’t want to miss your flight!
As always, the most important thing is to review your private jet charter contract and field any questions with your broker or air charter operator.
Review Your Private Jet Charter Contract
Weather and hurricanes can change unexpectedly and you should know what to expect flying a private jet during hurricane.
Pride Jets is a complete solution for your private jet charter booking. Most noteworthy we are a full-service concierge and assist in all aspects of your travel even during a hurricane. Our friendly staff is looking forward to serving you.
To learn more about know what to expect flying a private jet during hurricane or to book a flight please complete the booking form on the sidebar or click here for more information.